Thursday, April 26, 2012

Quilting

I'm quilting my I-Spy with straight-line utility quilting. I'm stitching either side of the seam lines in the sashing and want to extend that through the orange border. To mark the stitching lines I used the Hera Marker by Clover. The light crease in the fabric is enough to stitch with and it doesn't leave any permanent mark.

In addition to safety pins, I use these long straight pins to secure the line of stitching. These pins are long enough to use for both stitching lines. I hope to have more time in the next fews days to work on it.



My goal to finish is before the 11th when I want to pass the quilt on. It's totally achievable providing no storms, floods, fires, earthquakes, car explosions, leaking dishwashers, agitated washing machines and (insert your disaster of choice).

5 comments:

Barb said...

You last comment...funny

good luck....sometimes the prep work takes more time than the actual sewing.

Messy Karen said...

nice work and pretty blue. i might have to get one of those markers. as dusting off the chalk is just one more thing to worry about.

em's scrapbag said...

Hope you avoid all disasters and you get the quilt finished on time. :)

Allie said...

Lovely quilting, Shari! Fingers crossed for no disasters, lol!

Anonymous said...

good luck Shari.xx


Mumsyblossom's World