Thursday, December 29, 2011

SSCS What I Sent

This is the quilt I made for Linda at linsueray.


When looking through Linda's blog to find out a little about her, I discovered that although she lives in the mountains, she really enjoys her trips to the ocean when she's able. I thought a little reminder of the ocean would be good. The birds are sandpipers, not seagulls - lol.


I hope she likes it.

This is the ornament I made.


It looks huge in the photo, but it's not.



Another successful year with Chookyblue's SSCS.

Pop over to her blog as she's posting all the swaps.

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Your partner must have been totally thrilled with such a lovely and thoughtful gift. It's beautiful.

Sue said...

Adorable sandpipers. When I was swimming this morning a flock of sandpipers flew low over the water. Not something we see often so it was great to come home and read your post! Lucky Linda with a flock of her own.

Lurline said...

Just beautiful, Shari - your design and workmanship, the best!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Chookyblue...... said...

oh you just do such beautiful art quilts......this one if fab too........thanks for being a great swapper.........

Julia said...

That's beautiful Shari...Art quilts seem to be just your thing....I'm sure she'll love it!
Julia

julieQ said...

Wow! that is just gorgeous, your sandpiper quilt, Shari! I love it!

Linda said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful little quilt...it is so perfect!! You did a marvelous job!!
Happy New Year!!

Teresa aka MarieSews said...

What a delightful piece! Love the sandpipers - especially the wings. And the beading in the sand. It's a wonderful quilt.

DAWNIE said...

OH THIS IS JUST SO LOVELY - I WAS THE LUCKY RECIPIENT OF LINDA AND SHE DOES LOVELY WORK TOO. WAS IT YOU THAT RECEIVED THE GORGEOUS SNOWMAN FROM CHERYL ?? JUST SAW IT ON CHOOKYS BLOG NOW - LUCKY YOU IF SO IS SOO CUTE

Anonymous said...

Hello Shari, I just love your beach scene with the Sandpipers. What a clever lady you are! I look forward to more of your creations this year so keep your needle threaded :)
Cath

Floss said...

You make such beautiful gifts I'm sure your partner is thrilled to have this.

Simone de Klerk said...

You made an amazing quilt for Linda! I am sure she was very thrilled!


Mumsyblossom's World