Thursday, April 28, 2011

A room with a view...

When I'm ready to throw a quilt sandwich under the machine, I commandeer the kitchen table. Lots of lovely light and space. I'm quilting this in a wavy grid pattern and it's proving to be as wonky as the piecing. I've decided to ignore the many flaws, acknowledge that it will look great at a distance, and still keep people nice and warm. I'm doing the interior square at the moment. Pieced borders will be added in a 'quilt as you go' method. I should be able to make a little progress before I go to work.

7 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Now that looks like a great place to quilt. and no one cares about any flaws, they care that you made it!!

Sheri Howard said...

I havce a big kitchen table and I do the same thing! Such freedom!

Unknown said...

Great Space & Great Light just what you Need...
happy Stitching...
cheers

Abby and Stephanie said...

Flaws are the beauty marks on a quilt! Happy Quilting.

Allie said...

What a fabulous place to quilt - lots and lots of light and room. I'm jealous!

Barb said...

Oh wow, that is a great room to sew in....love the light and freshness of the room.

Simone de Klerk said...

Great place for quilting. Love the title of your post.


Mumsyblossom's World