Sunday, April 10, 2011

A little progress...

I managed to finish my curved blocks without too much crying... still a few puckers and distortion but to me it doesn't matter. This is a trial layout... will probably play a little then decide that's enough and just sew them together. While I'm pondering the layout I'm cutting some 2.5inch strips to make a piano key border in an assortment of greens and black/whites.
So far the 'home retreat' has been ok. Still more distractions than a real retreat, but a very welcome break nonetheless. Still two more days before I go back to work!!

11 comments:

Barb said...

What a wonderful quit this is going to be....I love the curves!

Unknown said...

Great Job on all those Curves...
Glad to hear you have had some time out even though you are at home...Enjoy your last Days...
cheers

Unknown said...

It looks excellent from here! I love the layout and the colors! Great home retreat!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I think I would call this Licorice and Lime. Love the striking colors and the curves. Looking forward to seeing the piano key border. Enjoy the rest of your home retreat!

Simone de Klerk said...

Wow, Shari, such lovely movement in the quilt. And the fabrics you used match so nicely. This a call a real piece of art!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Shari it is looking fantastic

Christine

Julia said...

I love it Shari...looks great..
Love the colours, really is stunning..
How did your home retreat go?
Julia ♥

Allie said...

Oh my Shari this is STUNNING! I love this so much.....I think you should send it here and let me inspect it for awhile though. *G*

em's scrapbag said...

What a cool quilt. Love the wavy lines.

Rumi said...

Wonderful quilt, don't see any puckering from here. I love the colors you chose!


Mumsyblossom's World