Saturday, March 26, 2011

Parkerville Quilt Show

I visited the Hills Folk Craft Group Show today which is sponsored by and held at the Parkerville Baptist Church in Parkerville, Western Australia. And a very lovely couple of hours it was too.

First up is a little demonstration of machine threadwork with different fabrics and fibres...


Amazing trupunto applique and quilting...

Teeny tiny pieced log cabins - I have a medium sized hand to give you an idea on size...

And dozens and dozens of amazing, interesting, charming, sweet quilts...

Other crafts included mosaic tiling and papercrafts...

and beautiful old-fashioned embroideries...
I didn't take photos of the card-making, oil painting or scrap booking. I'm all about textiles! There may have been a little retail therapy as well as a good cup of coffee and running in to a few quilty girlfriends! What a perfect way to spend a beautiful spring morning...

6 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Incredible crafts! Your head must be full!

Allie said...

Wow - I am drooling over all your pics - those quilts are just amazing! What talented folk there. I keep thinking I see a favorite then I scroll a bit more, lol...glad you had some retail therapy too!

Chookyblue...... said...

thanks for sharing all the pics..........rarely get to a quiltshow...........maybe one a year if I am lucky.........

Annette said...

What an awesome show! I would love a day like that. Thanks for sharing.

Julia said...

Wow Shari, what an amazing show of quilts and beautiful work...I love the amazing trapunto, applique and quilting...I would love to have a go at trapunto..
Julia ♥

Barb said...

Oh my goodness....amazing, thanks so much for the inspiration this morning!

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World