Saturday, May 27, 2017

HBF Run for a Reason


I've not had much sewing progress since my last post. I'm mostly busy with work, family and church these days. I'm not a hermit though and this year I am participating in the HBF Run for a Reason. I've chosen a charity to fund raise for and have been seeking donations for a few weeks now. Tomorrow is event day and I'm feeling really excited to get out there with thousands of other people.

The charity I chose to fund raise for is Lifeline (13 11 14), a Crisis Support and Suicide Prevention help line. This is a little personal for me as I've known so many hurting people through my day job and sadly several who have committed suicide. We simply must do more for people who need this kind of help. 

I've set up an Everyday Hero page to direct donations to Lifeline. 

If you haven't donated to a charity in a while and want to feel good about yourself, click over and make a donation. Most people won't miss $25. Donate today as my page will be active only for a little while. But you can go over to Lifeline's page for a direct donation any time.


2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

goodluck......how far are you going???

Anonymous said...

Hi Shari,good luck,my daughter works for lifeline and has for many years,its such a wonderful charity,hope you do well with your fund raising xx


Mumsyblossom's World