Thursday, July 30, 2009

Curved Flying Geese Workshop


I attended a "Curved Flying Geese" workshop last Sunday. Our instructor was Jan Rowe. She is such a nice lady and very good at teaching. I chose to draft and construct a circle in which all the geese were the same size. I figured it would be most straightforward as a first project. Little did I think about the options of using it! I could applique it to whole cloth (all those bulky seams!); set in circles x2 (little inner and larger outer); reverse applique or finish it as a cicular mini quilt and bind both inner and outer circles. They all present a new challenge for me! Still, I love these fabrics on white and will keep you posted on how I finish it off...

This is foundation pieced on non-woven not-fusible lightweight interfacing.
I hope to finish the last few triangles soon... This definitely won't be another UFO! I had a lot of fun in this class and will use the techniques learned in future projects.

What have you learned this week?

Hugs - Shari

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is going to be so pretty! I admire your talent and patience!

Rumi said...

Love it! It will be wonderful when complete!

em's scrapbag said...

That is way cool. I think you are very brave to try gees curved. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Chookyblue...... said...

wow how cool..........another to put on my want to do list.........

RG said...

What a great technique!
Looks fabulous...looking forward to seeing what you do with your circlet of geese.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oooh, that's pretty cool there! I would love to play around and try something like that. So neat!

Messy Karen said...

love the way this turned out.


Mumsyblossom's World