Monday, July 27, 2009

Christmas in July Swap Received

I received my lovely Christmas in July parcel today from Sarah at Anyone Can Quilt. I am just so happy with these lovely items. They were beautifully wrapped in these gorgeous red ribbons that shimmered in the light...
Just look at this gorgeous stocking beautifully pieced and quilted. I expect my family to put lovely things in it at Christmas time!!! And I may just be a little bit inspired to make them a little stocking of their own... if they're good...
Look at these delicious strawberries dangling off the ends of the bow. You can also see the wonderful detailing with the ric rac. Just so yummy...
This lovely old-fashioned gift tag and charming tree ornament/pincushion. I think I'll use it as a pincushion until the tree goes up and then I'll put it on the tree. It has more of that lovely red ric rac.
This large stoneware mug filled with these olde-worlde Christmas fabrics that are already dancing in my head with possibilities... it's hard to see but the mug has some wonderful detailing...
And an apron! This is a descreet Christmas combo so I can use it year round without too much teasing! Not that I would let that stop me...
And this apron is self adjusting!! It has one long strap that threads through these side pockets so even someone with my short waist can wear it! Too clever!

Thank you so much lovely Sarah for these beautiful gifts!!


And a big thank you to Stephanie and Linda for organising such a great swap!!

I hope everyone had a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone received!

Big hugs - Shari

20 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Sarah is one terrific swap partner. I know first hand. Gorgeous gifts and how perfect she sent you a mug. :o) LOVE the stocking.

zigzago said...

I'm seing such great gifts all around the world! It was a lovely swap! Renata.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your swap gifties arrived safely! I had so much fun lurking on your blog and creating these gifts for you. And am so happy to have a new blog friend! xo

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous swap parcel, so much thought obviously went into them.

Sheri Howard said...

I love those little strawberries...such a fun swap!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shari, It's fun to see what you received. That's the cutest apron and I love the strawberries. That stocking is so very pretty too - I would want mine filled with chocolate I think! Hope you are having a good day.

Allie said...

I saw her post too and wowzers, love the little strawberries on that stocking - and the apron! My goodness you swappers are a blessed lot!

Stina Blomgren said...

Ohhh.. you received a lovely package from Sarah!!!!
Loved the little strawberries on the stocking.. so cute!! :o)

Barb said...

How fun!! Loved all of your goodies.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh you got some beautiful things, thanks for sharing!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Shari,
Sarah sent you a great Christmas in July package. Love the stocking. It so much fun going from blog to blog and seeing what everyone made.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Messy Karen said...

Sarah's work is beautiful. such nice xmas goodies.

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful gifts received this has been a great swap.........

Janet said...

Wow Shari, what fantastic gifts, all beautifully made.

Rumi said...

Ohhh, lovely! Especially loved the precious strawberries dangling on your stocking!

Nanette Merrill said...

Sarah is one of the most talented bloggers/quilters out there. I admire her work so much. Good for you to get some of it!!!

em's scrapbag said...

I saw those on Sarah's blog. You are a very lucky girl.

jacquie said...

what lovely things! i'm still waiting for mine...just as impatient as a little kid on christmas morning!

May Kristin said...

Oh, what a wonderful christmas gift!
I love the stocking, it's beautiful!

Mel said...

My goodness you've got some beautiful items there! I love the stocking pattern and fabrics and the adorable strawberries!


Mumsyblossom's World