Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pay It Forward


It was ages ago that I signed up for a "Pay It Forward" (PIF) with Jane. The idea is that she sends me a handmade gift and then I in turn send a handmade gift to three other people who signed up with me, and then they in turn send handmade items to three people. (My recipients are listed in my sidebar.) We have twelve months to complete our handmade items.


So lovely, darling Jane has sent me her package. I am so impressed at her generosity! Thank you so much Jane!!

So the first thing that caught my eye was this:


Edit: Customs opened it because the declaration only said 'fabric' and there was clearly more than that in it.
Thankfully there was no contraband! There was a time when I was on a Customs watch list and everything that came from overseas was opened and inspected - even wrapped Christmas presents for my girls! (They always carefully re-wrapped and it was not noticeable.) But that's a story for another time - this is all about darling Jane!


Jane sent lollies (candy) that have huge sentimental value to me. Simple Starlight mints may seem pretty ordinary - until you can't get them. What mints you can get just aren't the same. Jane sent me a couple of packs months ago (and I just realised I didn't blog about it! Sorry Jane!) and I've been carefully eeking them out to make them last. It's usually a Sunday thing as we like to suck on a lolly during the sermon. Also - Red Hots! My all time favourite childhood candy. It was always the first purchased (even before chocolate) and if I had money left then something else (although Cracker Jacks was always the first purchase at the movies - which is really funny as I no longer eat popcorn at all).

This adorable charm pack of Aunt Grace Polka Dots. I love Aunt Grace. If I wasn't on a self-imposed buying ban (with lots of exceptions - but that's a story for another time) I would probably get more.

Asssorted fabrics in these gorgeous reproduction-style prints, including a healthy length of fabric that matches one of Jane's hand-made gifts!
These sweet buttons in this adorable little box. I have a 'thing' for little boxes, tins and jars. I'm such a 'container' person! And I have a 'thing' for buttons. I have a 'thing' for fabric. Hmmm... I'm a very 'thingy' person...

Then Jane made me these two pink (of course) knitted dishcloths. Edit: Mum (MIL) loves them and can she please have the pattern) I've seen these out there in blogland. I must confess that I'll not use them as dishcloths (gasp!). I'm sure I will use them though - but that's a story for another time LOL...

And the jewel in the crown is this lovely table runner made in beautiful autumn greens and golds and purples... it's just perfect for me.

All tied up with pink ribbon.

Dear sweet Jane - you have certainly done a fantastic job in this PIF! Your spirit of generousity and giving is so pleasing and encouraging. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Hugs - Shari

6 comments:

Messy Karen said...

lots and lots and lots of wonderful things. this PIF thingy can certainly make a random trip to the mailbox quite exciting. good job Jane.

Browndirtcottage said...

Good stuff from that Ms.Jane!!!

Unknown said...

How funny that a package like this should be opened up for inspection! Such a lovely package with so many treats!
~emily x

Simone de Klerk said...

So many lovely lovely things!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh my goodness, I am so glad they did not take your candy, I will have to do better on my forms, next time!!I am so happy you like everything, as soon as I get a chnace, I will email you the pattern for the dish cloths for your MIL. I had such fun finding things for you, I like little things too!!

Eileen said...

My Tea Swap package was opened by Australian Inspection too.. and they took the tea! I even had "tea" written on the customs form, and the lady at the post office looked it up and said tea was allowed. But apparently not orange tea. That is why they said they took it.. because no orange rinds were permitted in.
Anyways.. LOVE all the things Jane sent. She is a sweetheart. And I do have a bunch of those dishclothes too.. a friend of mine makes them. I love 'em.. but can't use them as dishclothes. I hang them for decoration!
Your mug today is wonderful. I want that.


Mumsyblossom's World