Sunday, January 18, 2009

Teeny Tiny Squares Quilt Swap



I've had a bit of a dilemma with my Teeny Tiny Squares Quilt Swap as my recipient does not have a blog and I've been trying to decide what to do when I don't have a clue except where she lives. So I decided to go with a scrappy blue nine-patch. The individual squares will be one inch. The off-white fabric at the top is the 'background'. I will use a dark blue sashing between the nine-patches, although I haven't decided yet how wide it will be. The nine-patches will measure three inches square and I will set them six by six. The overall quilt will be hopefully less than 24 inches - which is just about the maximum size allowed for the challenge. I think the blues will work well together and am now looking forward to getting down to the business of getting it done. I seem to need to put a lot of mental time into these things before I actually cut.

Cheers

Shari

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Even though I am not a blue person, I love what you have chosen. I think she will be thrilled with whatever color or pattern you choose. It is always fantastic to receive a handmade gift.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love the shades of blue. I think you can't go wrong with what you make because the fabrics are so pretty!

Barb said...

Love the fabrics...can't wait to see it finished.

Simone de Klerk said...

The blues look lovely together! I look forward to see your finished ttiny square quilt!

Nanette Merrill said...

Darling fabric Shari. I love teeny tiny squares. This is going to be lovely. She'll like it no matter what.

Eileen said...

Who wouldn't love that quilt? The fabrics are wonderful. Such tiny little pieces! It will be so sweet.

Lurline said...

It will be gorgeous, Shari!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Lisa said...

This will be pretty. What tiny squares!

Anonymous said...

The colours are looking great.

cheers
Christine

Browndirtcottage said...

well...you know me...I'm all about tiny teeny small pieces...I think the blue is very appealing!!

Anonymous said...

Shari - I love these blues together. I know this will be a tedious task but beautiful.

Janet said...

What a wonderful mix of blues, it's sure to look great. Most people like blue don't they? Can't wait to see it finished.

Unknown said...

I Love these blues - Im working on a blue log cabin at the moment. Im sure she will love it!


Mumsyblossom's World