Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Cottage Block and that Quarter Inch



I followed Nannette's tutorial and made a Christmas Cottage block which I donated to the guild's Christmas block raffle. In the process I discovered my 1/4 inch foot gives me a full 1/4 inch and the needle position button on my Pfaff is not working so I can't skitch it over a little to accommodate. And this close to Christmas I won't get it looked at quick and I can't possibly be without my machine and it still does all the stitches like zigzag and buttonhole etc so there's nothing actually wrong with the needle movement per se. It appears that one little button is not working. So I've pulled out a pad of sticky notes and I've been experimenting to get a scant 1/4 inch. With a lot of my sewing it's not as critical because I usually aim for consistency and generally it's pretty good. However, in following someone else's pattern accuracy is vital as I don't like easing in 1/8's all the time. So this is what I think about when I'm working hard at doing nothing. And that's hard work. I need a coffee.

Lovely Stephanie is giving me a flannal pillowcase (from her blog giveaway). Pop over and check out her adorable snow people collection. Her snowman quilt is my favourite.

Merry Christmas!

Shari

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cozy, colorful cottage block. I love your choice of fabrics and colors. So very festive. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Lurline said...

As you know, Shari, I love the little cottages - and how lucky are you! Can just imagine you trying to fill in the time recuperating!
Hugs - Lurline!

Abby and Stephanie said...

What a darling cottage. I just saw Lurline mentioned something about you recuperating. I hope the flannel pillowcase you'll be receiving helps...although I believe you're having summer now.

em's scrapbag said...

Your cottage block is lovely. You did a beautiful job.

Browndirtcottage said...

well.....you lucky dog...winning a pillowcase....i guess opening up the package when it gets there won't strain you too much.....i think maybe on the same level as lifting your fork......

your cottage is darling!


Mumsyblossom's World