Monday, December 30, 2013

The Small Christmas of 2013

I had severe Christmas Fatigue this year.
No Christmas Spirit.
Christmas appeared in the shops in August.
By December First I was Over It.
I got the big tree out of storage.
But it never made it out of the box.
However, we were expecting visitors.
So only my favourites came out to play.
The little nativity scene is so sweet.
It reminds me that we call the holiday
Christmas, not Santa's Day.
 
I found this other small tree in the attic.
It was already decorated and had lights strung.
 
The angel was made by daughter #2 in junior primary school.
Of course she had to come out to sing.
 
The candy cane reindeer were made by ladies in
the quilt guild. They make me smile.

So a little Christmas spirit was found and sometimes
a little bit of something is enough.
Best wishes to you all in 2014.
May your year be full of good times with family and friends.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

I agree sometimes less is more. Love your little Christmas!

Diane-crewe said...

Hope you are feeling a little more cheerful as the New Year comes rushing towards us xx

Hope you have a good one xx

Oddbjørg said...

Wishing you and your family a Happy new Year!


Mumsyblossom's World