Short on stitching supplies? Rotary blade got an annoying nick? Just emptied a spool? Need a fabric fix? Plan to right all your quilting wrongs one week from today—Thursday, January 24, 2013. It’s the first annual Visit Your Local Quilt Shop Day!
Visit Your Local Quilt Shop (LQS) Day is a worldwide celebration of independent quilt shops. Created by the Fabric Shop Network, this inaugural day is the perfect time to plan a fun shop adventure with your best quilting buds and spread the word about your favourite LQS.
You are vital to the life of your local quilt shop. You’re the reason they exist. And you’re the reason they stay in business. We all help keep our LQS’s alive! Round up your quilting BFF’s for a day of shopping fun. If your friends need a reason to commit, try one of these:
· “Your UFO pile is as tall as you are. How about we go shopping with the goal of finishing one?”
· “I heard that somewhere, somehow, some place… there’s a baby without a quilt.”
· “It’s decided. We’ll go to lunch and a movie. Except instead of the movie and the lunch, we’ll go fabric shopping.”
· “I read that quilting-health day is the new mental-health day.”
· “We’re going to the quilt shop together on Thursday, okay? Let’s try not to get in trouble this time.”
· “Let’s get inspired!”
Thursday’s the day to show your support—mark January 24 on your calendar! Let your local quilt shop know how much you love them, and that you appreciate what they bring to your neck of the woods. Pay a visit and tell them you’re glad they’re around!
(text borrowed from Martingale.)