Sunday, September 9, 2012

Blue HST

My group is doing a 4" block swap. We are doing five colours over five months with September being blue. These are my 5" squares for my blocks. I will be drawing a diagonal line on the light fabrics then pairing them with a dark, sewing either side of the drawn line, then cutting on the drawn line.
I chain pieced being sure to off-set which side of the line to sew so I wasn't 'fighting' the points.
After pressing and squaring up to 4 1/2" unfinished, this is what you get.
30 of these get swapped. I'm looking forward to seeing what I get in the swap, which happens on Tuesday. I'll be at work, but my dear friends will choose for me. I'll just have to wait and see.
October is red. Yummy.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds interesting Shari.xx

Anthea said...

Shari they look great, and i'm sure your friends will choose well for you..

Abby and Stephanie said...

What a fun swap. I love the blues and HST are always eye catching.

Barb said...

Oh....you just can't go wrong with those fabrics!!

Allie said...

How pretty!!! I'd be tempted to keep them, lol!

em's scrapbag said...

Sounds like a fun swap. Your hst look lovely.


Mumsyblossom's World