Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Display Home Art

So we occasionally look at display homes to keep an eye on what's happening in layout and design. A few art pieces caught my eye - they are all prints, but may just translate well in quilting. The first is very intriquing and my first choice if I decide to have a play.


Although this one definitely has possibilities too...




An outdoor shower off the master bedroom. Not sure about this one. We usually see these when someone has a pool.


For lovers of curved piecing...



This cute guest room actually had a (store bought) quilt on it.


It seems the decorator colour of the moment are brown and orange. What a lovely room.



So I'm sharing all this as I can't show you my sewing. If you've made it this far, I will tell you that I had a slightly tricky design problem (basically I'm scared I'll wreck the quilt) so I decided to photocopy that section of the quilt and practice sketching what I want to embroider. Seems to have worked so progress is continuing. What are you working on?



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Barb said...

I enjoyed the art pieces. I used an outdoor shower at a hotel in Samoa...really strange...kept looking up to make sure no one was watching.

Kwiltzbystephanie said...

I think that art is fancy by Romero britto. Check out his web site. I agree, great inspiration!

em's scrapbag said...

Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

Simone de Klerk said...

Thank you for sharing. Love the first too in color and design!


Mumsyblossom's World