Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Favourite Quilt

"Daisies in New York"
Third Prize, Traditional Professional, QuiltWest 2007
This is one of my favourite quilts of all time.
It was made by my lovely friend Robin Gartner (no blog).
If you have a little time you can browse the galleries of past exhibitions of the Western Australian Quilters' Association here.
I'm doing a little sorting and a little cutting today in the interests of working on UFO's - I am not starting a new project - promise!
PS - Cyclone Bianca was a no-show. Not even a drop of rain. Sigh...


Stephanie said...

Gorgeous. I love NY Beauty blocks.

Jackie said...

I can see why this is a favorite! Just beautiful!

Barb said...

Glad the cyclone passed you by...and that quilt is just wonderful!

Julia said...

It is a beautiful quilt...Robin does beautiful work..
So glad Bianca was a no show..
Thoughts for poor Queensland who is coping it again with Yasi..
Julia ♥

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Wow that quilt is so amazing.

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World