Saturday, July 30, 2011

A sorting day

Today I'm cleaning out a bookcase. Taking up valuable shelf space was 9 years of past diaries. For many years I used the Australian Patchwork and Quilting diary, but they stopped making them and my 2008 calendar was a plain little green one from the news agency. Then I came across the Quilt Art diaries on the internet.


They are published by the American Quilter's Society.



You can see the layout here - works very well for me, and great quilts to look at all year long. It's interesting to look back and see how the general look of the quilts has changed. And I'm all set already with next year's diary.


I also came across this book behind another book. No wonder my house in never clean! Actually, I must confess that I have two copies of this book. Maybe it's worth giving one away! Would you be interested? Edit: (This book is on it's way to Simone. )I also came across this redeemed home-made gift voucher. For when you just don't know what to get a teenager. Better than a store voucher as she just loved, loved the personal touch. And we enjoyed shopping together to spend it!
So what's hiding in your bookcase?


I have stacks of stuff all over the floor so better get back to it.


Hope you enjoy your weekend!


4 comments:

Julia said...

The things we keep Shari..I need to do that too, but I dare not look in my bookcase!
Julia ♥

Allie said...

Wow - I'd be scared to clean out mine, lol, but you found some great stuff!!! I think I used to have that cleaning book - I know I did something similar, my house was always spotless and it didn't take much time. Until dh came home to work.....sigh.

Sue said...

Hey I have the speed cleaning book too but it didn't work at my house either.

Simone de Klerk said...

I've actually started to clean up my sewing space today. Started ... Lots and lots of scraps and threads and patterns and pins and ... and ... and ... I haven't even started with my bookcases. Sometimes I think I should just throw things away. Not looks at them just poof - gone and no looking back ...
A spotless house in just 15 minutes a day. No, that can't be true. Would love to learn how to ...

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World