Sunday, May 15, 2011

QuiltWest 2011 Begins

The quilts are all in. What's next.



Processing. Judging. Photos.




Here I am receiving (or giving) instruction (I'm the blue stripe).

Heads down, bums up. Everybody gets to work.

The quilts are all safely tucked away ready for transport to the exhibition centre. They will stay wrapped until they are hung on Tuesday.

Our fearless leader has certainly earned herself a drink (of water).

Of course I have other photos, but they show people or quilts that I don't think I can show until after the exhibition opens.


We are quite careful about these things, you know.

PS - If you are really good and work hard you just might get pie. This is the best apple pie I've had in over 25 years. Delightfully light and flaky, melt in your mouth pastry... perfectly seasoned apples with lovely spices...


If you compliment the cook, you just might get to take the leftovers home...


worked for me...

6 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Such preparations! I look forward to see the quilts!

Barb said...

You are so funny.....

Lots of work ahead for you....

Julia said...

Not long now Shari..so exciting, can't wait to go to the show..see you there.
Julia ♥

Allie said...

I can't imagine the work that all goes into this, yikes! Love seeing a pic of you, Shari, you're gorgeous. Had to laugh at the heads down bums up....glad you got to take the apple pie home, it looks wonderful!

em's scrapbag said...

Your hard work and prep are going to make for a beauitful show.

Sue said...

Enjoy that pie and the quilt show. I'll be thinking of you.

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World