Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tea Pot

Not much news so thought I'd show you a little treasure I keep on my chest of drawers. I picked this little teapot up in Boston when I was last there in 2000. It is a thin ceramic/porcelein/china? and meant to only be ornamental (I think - never tried to put water in it). I fell in love with the shape of it and the amazing glaze - I really did think it was a wood-carved sculpture at first... the quilt is one I received in the "Teeny Tiny Squares" swap.

I'm off to a local church this morning for a craft show. They usually have a fantastic display of quilts. I will keep a close eye on my camera so I can get some good photos for you!

PS My apologies if I've blogged about this teapot before... life's like that for me at the moment.

5 comments:

Allie said...

It's not wood? Wow, that's amazing - it's gorgeous! Hope you enjoyed the show, I haven't been to a craft show in SO long...and I hope you took pics!

Barb said...

Oh....I so love this teapot...what a treasure.

Lyn said...

Hello Shari, unusual teapot....do you know it's origins...hope you enjoyed your display of quilts...Warm Regards, Lyn

Simone de Klerk said...

What a beautiful teapot.

Stephanie said...

I'm certain I'd remember if you've share this teapot before. It's so pretty and unusual. I do love the shape and wood grain effect and it looks perfect on the quilt.

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World