Sunday, October 3, 2010

Swanleigh Retreat 2010 Part 1

This will be a short post because I did not take my camera!! This photo is from the retreat last year. Same venue but a different sewing room. We were actually meant to go to a country town a couple of hours from the city but we didn't meet the minimum booking numbers so our fabulous organisers (Tanya & Shelley) rang around and found that we could use Swanleigh on a smaller scale. So this time we sewed in the library and with only 18 ladies it was quite cozy and a lot of fun. We didn't meet the minimum number for them to cater, so Tanya and Shelley took on the catering and did a superb job! And of course everyone pitched in to clean up. We were all just so glad the retreat wasn't cancelled! I took lots of sewing and I'm organising some progress photos for you... and a very nice lady Marilyn B. is sending me a few of her photos that I will share later. I hope you are all finding enough sewing time!! And I will try to drop by and visit you soon! And it's now October, so that must mean a blog anniversary! Hmmmmmm....... stay tuned

4 comments:

Allie said...

So glad you had a wonderful time! I've never been to one, I just drool all over everyone's descriptions and pics. One of these days I'll get to go!

Barb said...

Talk about making it work....you all did and I am sure was a fun time.

Julia said...

it's always fun at the retreats Shari, and I know you girls would have laughed so much and perhaps did some sewing..
Look forward to seeing some pics.
Julia ♥

julieQ said...

I am so glad you had a great time, dear Shari!!

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World