Thursday, October 21, 2010

Quilts for the Great-Nephews

My little nephews are great, but they are also my great-nephews. But I couldn't really say I have great, great-nephews, could I? So their mum, my niece-in-law, brought around a de-constructed child's flip-out couch cover and some old curtains. Two evening's work and hey-presto! Two sandwiches ready to quilt...

They really are rough and ready... perfect for hard use by two little boys (ages 1 and 2 ish). I'm going to do some simple, straight-line quilting. Here is the cute backing fabric, cheap from Textile Traders. Hope you are getting some sewing time!

PS Isn't it great that we have a new quilter in the family!

4 comments:

Allie said...

Those are great! I've heard of the Wiggles but have never seen them. I'm sure the boys will love them, and yes it's fabulous to have a new quilter in the family!

Barb said...

Just wonderful!!!

Julia said...

They will be great Shari.. I'm sure the boys will love them,
Julia ♥

em's scrapbag said...

They're wonderful and sure to be loved!

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World