Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Day in Pompeii

Mr Fixit and I spent a day at the Western Australian Museum to see the special Pompeii exhibit. I always like to get whatever booklet, book or brochure that accompanies the exhibitions we see. I read them several times, and now that I am a quilter I look at every image with new eyes. More info on Pompeii here.

My little momento of the visit is this thimble in the shape of a gladiator's helmet typical of the era. I have a very small collection of thimbles which I will share sometime...
Have you done anything 'cultural' lately?

2 comments:

Barb said...

I would have loved to have gone to see that as well...

Allie said...

That sounds fascinating! I love the thimble, I think that's the neatest one I've ever seen. No, I don't do anything cultural....sigh. But I read a LOT. Most cultural things here are in downtown Detroit, and I don't go there.

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World