Saturday, June 26, 2010

What's for Dinner?

First you sneak into the garage for the rubber mallet while Mr Fixit is doing manly garden stuff outside. Then you pound the heck out of a couple of chicken breasts. (While still frozen I had sliced them into three thin pieces each.) I didn't take photos of the pounding process - too many sensibilites to be offended.
Lay everything out taking as much room as you like as the man is outside and not around to tell you what you are doing wrong (men can be so like that when they watch MasterChef.)

So here are my lovely breasts all pounded thin.
I'm no master chef and I confess I bought the crumbs. And after starting this whole process I discovered I have no flour or flour substitute.
So I decided to use the crumbs twice. So first into the seasoned crumbs.
Then in to milk and egg. Crumbs absorb more of the egg than flour so I used a bit more.
Then in to more crumbs. I really pressed the crumbs on firmly. Then I put them in the fridge for a half an hour to set - which I hear is essential to keep the crumbs from falling off. And it gives you time to have a glass of wine/beverage of your choice. And make a salad.

Then in to the frying pan for 2 to 3 minutes each side. Rest on a plate covered with paper towel before transfering to your dinner plate.
Mr Fixit was very impressed and didn't care that I'd used his rubber mallet. All he had to say was "YUM".

So what's cooking at your house?

9 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

I can imagine he said Yum to this! Didn't he say you could use his rubber mallet soon again (O:

Jackie said...

One of my most favorite meals... definite YUM!

Laurie said...

A cook after my own heart, with a son who was a chef ( now a fireman) I no longer profess to being one, although he still likes Mum's cooking.... so I must be doing someting right.
Yours looked Yum, I could have gone that myself especially if someone else dished it up to me.
Hugs Laurie

Chookyblue...... said...

looks pretty good to me...........will have to see if I have any chicken in the freezer....

Mel said...

Yum indeed! Funny Mr. fixit notes!

Blogless me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blogless me said...

Looks yummy! Nothing cooking in my kitchen these days. Please, don't feel sorry for my family - we had a BBQ yesterday in the garden and we'll be cooking in my MIL's kitchen today. Why you might ask - well, I'm happy (well, happy for the long term) to say that I don't have a kitchen at this moment. It was taken out a week ago, walls have been stripped, new cables laid, some replumbing being done, walls being plastered. And in the following days new floor should be put in and hopefully in two weeks time the new kitchen should be functioning- fingers crossed!

Never in my life imagined I'll be envious of someone cooking, but as it happens I actually am now ;-). Don't tell it to my husband though, he'll get the wrong signal lol

Rumi said...

Yum! I have made this same recipe using thin pieces of pork--equally good!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I definitely shouldn't have read this hungry! Yummy.

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World