Monday, June 7, 2010

QW Retail Therapy

QuiltWest wasn't all work - I had time to play.
I made this cute little owl in a class run by Be Be Bold.
And I didn't want him to be lonely so I bought the pattern to make the whole family. There may have been a couple of Japanese FQ as well that will make their appearance at some point in the future.
I also attended a class run by Nikki Tervo to make these cute little pinwheels.These are made with buckles and the pins go in the sides.And of course some essential Clover sewing supplies from Punch With Judy.
Some Matilda's Own acrylic templates from Victorian Textiles for a little hand piecing (yes, the ones on the left are sized for one inch).
And last but not least is this yummy little book.
I can't wait to try some of the projects.
So time to go start cooking. Tonight is a baked chicken dish with sweet potato, garlic, tomato, chick peas and onion. All just tossed on a tray and baked then tossed together. Could be interesting... I'll let you know. Got the recipe out of the Sunday paper.
.
Cheers - Shari

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Wonderful finds at the show! Those quilts are the show are just fabulous!!

Rumi said...

Cute owls! What a cheery pincushion the little one would make! The pinwheel is clever too.
Lots of great tools!
If dinner is yummy, share the recipe with us ok.

Barb said...

The owls are sooo cute and just love all your goodies.

julieQ said...

Oh, wonderful shopping therapy there! I love the owl, and the pincushion is so cute. I would love to know how your chicken recipe turns out.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I'm shaking my head at how I love it all, even the idea of your dinner!

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World