Tuesday, May 11, 2010

QuiltWest 2010


It's that time of year again. The Western Australian Quilter's Association's annual exhibition of members' quilts, QuiltWest, begins next week (19-23 May) and is held in conjunction with the Perth Craft and Quilt Fair at the Perth Convention Exhibition Centre. It's all systems go for the very busy committee and I can safely say all is going along as expected (so far)...

Above is this year's limited edition commemorative badge. Each year a design element is pulled from the raffle quilt and a badge is born.

Below are memories of QuiltWest Past.
This is my fifth year serving on the exhibition committee and I have loved every minute. However this is my last year on the committee. It is time to let someone else shine.
If you are fortunate enough to attend the exhibition and want to say hi in person, just ask for Shari at the QuiltWest hostess desk - I won't be far away...

10 comments:

nima said...

Have nice time at the fest...i love all the pins..

Sue said...

I'll be there! Love your collection of badges...What happened to 2006?
You can tell me at the show.

Helen said...

If I was in Perth I'd come and say hello. Enjoy!!!

Jackie said...

I wish I were closer, I would definitely attend! I love show pins, I collect them from the various show that I go to as well. You have pretty ones from Quilt West.

Stephanie said...

Pretty collection of pins. I'm sure it must be satisfying to help make the shows a success.

jacquie said...

show pins..how fun are those! good memories in each one. have fun!

Barb said...

Can't wait to see pictures.....

julieQ said...

I love your pins! Do you wear them on a Chatelaine or scarf?

Allie said...

How I WISH I could come - I bet it's amazing! Love the badges, what a neat idea to pull the element from the raffle quilt. Lovely!

Helen said...

Me again. :) How did the show go?? Guess what? You won my wonky house and tree quilt giveaway! Well done! Email me when you have a sec. :)

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World