Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sculpture by the Sea

(This photo is from our visit last year.)
.

Well, it's that time of year again. Sculpture by the Sea is once again on at Cottelsoe Beach here in beautiful sunny Perth. My husband and I are making our journey there today as our anniversary celebration (which was Thursday and clocking up 21 years).
.
After wandering on the beach enjoying the wonderful display, we will continue on down the coast to Fremantle where we will enjoy an easy seafood supper. We'll watch the sun set over the ocean and be grateful for the lovely cool sea breeze. We may even enjoy an ice cream...
.
The 'blahs' mentioned in my last post seem to be leaving slowly even though the hot weather is sticking around - had a couple of cooler nights which helps and my work colleague is back on Monday so back to a normal work routine which helps - still no sewing yet, although there is a pair of pants that need hemming tomorrow for DD#3.

9 comments:

Narelle said...

Congratulations!
A seafood supper sounds delicious and the ice cream is a yes from me. :-))

Simone de Klerk said...

Very impressive, those sculptures by the sea! I would have loved to see them! How many sculptures do they show?
And congratualtions to you anniversary. Ger and I got married in the same year (O: We have ours in September.
Glad you are getting back to normal routine and hey, if you start sewing again, start a fun project. That is, hemming pants takes months for me LOL
Have a lovely cool weekend.

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your trip. We're finally seeing the sun here to no complaints about the "heat". I want to lay in front of the window and soak up all the and recharge my solar panels. :o)

Helen said...

Happy Anniversary Shari! That is exactly the combo we do at Freo, Cicerello's then Baskins! Is there any other way to do Freo?? I saw the news last night on the ABC and they had the closing footage of the sculptures, looks amazing. Enjoy!!

Allie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! That sounds like the perfect way to celebrate. I'm glad the blah's are leaving!

Barb said...

Congrats on your anniversary....and enjoy your day, it sounds like it is going to be a lovely one.

julieQ said...

Happy anniversary!! Really would be so fun to go there...sounds great.

Julia said...

Happy Anniversary Shari!
I don't think I'll get to see the sculptures this year ..
Love Freo...and ice cream!
Julia ♥

Shasta said...

Happy Anniversary! The sculptures sound wonderful. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World