Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!


I read this here. Too funny and too true!


'Twas the month after Christmas...

'Twas the month after Christmas and all through the house,
nothing would fit me not even a blouse.
The biscuits I nibbled the champagne I’d taste,
all the holiday parties have gone to my waist.
When I got on the scales there arose such a number,
When I’d walk to the shops (less a walk than a lumber)
I’d remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared,
the gravies, the sauces, the beef nicely rared.
The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese.
And the way I'd not said “No thank you, Please.”
As I dressed myself in my husbands old shirt,
and prepared once again to do battle with dirt.
I said to myself as only I can,
“you can’t spend all summer disguised as a man.’
So away with the last sour cream dip,
get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip,
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished,
until all the unwanted kilos have vanished.
I won’t have a biscuit, not even a lick;
I’ll only want to chew a tasty celery stick.
I won’t have hot scones, or cake, or fruit pie,
I’ll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I’m hungry, I’m lonesome…and life is a bore,
but isn’t that what January is for?
Unable to laugh, no longer a riot,
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all - and to all a good diet.



Busy packing for tomorrow's early start!

Cheers

Shari

9 comments:

nima said...

oh...that was nice to read...thank you for sharing...

Happy New year to you too...have a wonderful 2010

Simone de Klerk said...

:O) Gelukkig nieuw jaar (O:

A great read for the beginning of this year. It definitely goes for me and I will get started on Monday!

Stephanie said...

Happy New Year Shari! My philosophy on weight...if it tastes good you'd better eat 2 so you don't have uneven hips!

Messy Karen said...

very funny. i've been eating lots of take-home food. and the convenience without the thought is catching up to me.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh that is so funny, I have eaten so many sweet things, I really do not want anymore (for this hour at least)
Happy New Year!

Barb said...

Tooo funny!!

Happy New Years!!

Laurie said...

Hello shari

I am Laurie from Rotorua NZ, I love your blog...hope you get your birthday package okay...I did post it early enough I hope.
What a lovely compliment to see something from ones blog on someone elses, I think it is great, sums me up each year..
Happy Birthday for 7th

Melinda Cornish said...

oh man that cake looks good! happy new year!

prashant said...

It definitely goes for me and I will get started on Monday!

Work from home India

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World