Thursday, November 12, 2009

Angels

It is officially six weeks to Christmas and I have started my search for this year's angel ornament. So far nothing too impressive out there... although this little morsel is impressive. My church had a ladies' coffee night and the guest speaker spoke about the angels and the shepherds and how it wasn't about the angels - it was about the message! And each lady received this yummy gingerbread angel. So far I've resisted biting her head off - lol.

I have quite a few angel ornaments. I blogged about them here.

And then of course there is the most charming angel that Terri sent me. I blogged about her here. She didn't get packed away - she watches over me everyday... my very own sewing angel.

If I can't find the 'right' angel, I won't add one this year, but that would be sad... so of course the only thing to do is - go shopping...

Hugs - Shari

10 comments:

Barb said...

Good luck in your search!

Rumi said...

I went and visited your angel post from last year. Love your angel collection. Good luck finding that special one this year.

Allie said...

How about online shopping? There's a year-round Christmas store about an hour from me, called Bronner's. It's the world's largest Christmas store and I could spend WEEKS in there. It's owned by a Christian family. www.bronners.com You should see the town it's in - the most darling town!

Jackie said...

Is Christmas really that close?? You better hurry.

Purple and Paisley said...

you're so sweet to mention your angel from me...i'm so glad you continue to like her...☺

em's scrapbag said...

Good luck in your quest. I admire you for not biting the head of the angel. She looks so yummy.

Sheri Howard said...

I love that cookie....so perfect and beautiful...too bad you didn't get two, one to look at and one to eat!

Blogless me said...

You definitely show more restraint than I could have mustered - not only her head, the whole of her would be eaten by now! Just thought of it - is it a she or a he? Did your speaker say anything on this subject. I would not like to cross an angel by referring to it/her/ him the wrong way ;-)
You can see a pic of some angels I made for friends last year at this place under my name:

http://www.thecosycottage.be/menu.php?lang=en

clare's craftroom said...

Shop away , I hope you find the perfect angel .

nima said...

i hope you will find the perfect angel for this year

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World