Monday, October 5, 2009

Royal Perth Show 2009 - Part 2

This caught my eye - I absolutely adore it. Does anyone know what the pattern is?

It was a part of this district display...
Beautiful beach-theme mixed media....

Not a lot in the quilting section - it seemed to have a Japanese flair...
The amazing ice sculpture - cut with a chainsaw. Unfortunately did not see him in action...


A gorgeous felted purse - no prize but I liked it!

This is such a cutie! What a lot of personality!

How much fun would this be at Christmas?
This one's for Stephanie...

What a gorgeous treasure box...
And interesting things in threads and beads...


This was my favourite in the stitcheries... nothing like an interpretation of the Australian landscape...

And who can't resist pelicans? This is on a fine linen - my poor old eyes couldn't see the stitches...

Cheers
Shari

12 comments:

lesthook said...

I don't know abhout the pattern but let me see if this works?

http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/chickens.htm

Allie said...

Oh Shari - I'm so glad you could take your time to browse these, they are worth it! I especially love the quilt above the ice sculpture. Thanks for sharing your day!!!

Messy Karen said...

i like it too. but i have no idea. and the blue quilt would be great to do with denims. i'm guessing this was done with cotton. thanks for sharing. and let us know if you find the pattern.

Jackie said...

What a ton of things to look at and be inspired by. Just love them all. I would hate to be a judge.

Julia said...

I saw and fell in love with that quilt too Shari..
You managed to get better photos than me...Lovely pics..
Julia ♥

Lurline said...

Thanks, Shari - I missed out on all that!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Mel said...

Fun show, thanks for showing us all the art!

Mel said...

9 hours!! Wow!

Beautiful cake art - amazing!!

Congrats on your family's ribbons!

Robyn said...

Shari...Wow!!
I bet you had such a great time..
A feast for the eyes :D
Everything is wonderful...I love the Show!
I particularly love that beautiful Nativity scene that someone has gone to so much detail and effort with.
Wow again!
hugs
Robyn xx

nima said...

thank you for sharing the pictures...

Rumi said...

What a fun show! Great stuff. I agree, the chicken quilt is a scream!

Chookyblue...... said...

did you have any luck with the pattern????

I always love the displays at the shows.........ours is a much smaller version........

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World