Friday, October 9, 2009

Gadget

This wise old Owl lives in my kitchen. It is a real-time indication of electricity usage in my house. This indicates that on the day this photo was taken at 8:01 and 33 seconds am - 185 watts was in use. It was 20.2 degrees Celsius. (It's always lovely in my kitchen). The other number is the total of kilowatts used since we plugged the device in to our household grid (1328.3kw). When the kettle is on it shoots to over 2,000 watts and if the kettle and the electric oven is on it's over 4,000 watts. It's interesting but my Mr Fixit is the one who can make the most sense of it to check appliances and how much stand-by power is drawn etc.

Do you have any odd and wonderful gadgets?

PS: For a great giveaway pop over and see BlueberryBuckle - she's giving away a yard of beautiful Kona solid - colour of your choice (if you win!). Hurry - closes on Sunday!

5 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

What a lovely gadget! I would love to know how much Watt certain things use. Wonder if it will lower your electricity bill...
Have a lovely weekend.

Mel said...

that is an interesting gadget!

I can't think of any gadget we have that's unusual except that my 4 year old thinks it's fun to play with our outdoor sprinklers that are on a remote control.

Thanks for the heads up on the giveaway- I'm collecting Kona solids for a couple of projects!!

Robyn said...

What a beaut!! Very helpful.
I've never seen anything like it before!

nima said...

wow...an interesting gadget

Allie said...

My dh would be dangerous with that gadget - he'd be turning things off as we were using them!
I don't have any fun gadgets. :(

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World