Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cards

Many of you know I work as a medical receptionist in a busy family practice. I have a good rapport with the patients and I recently received this beautiful handmade card from a lovely lady. I was not my usual cheery self one day and she thought I needed cheering up. It's little gestures like these that make up for all the rude patients that cross my path (but they are sick and not at their best so of course some will be cranky).

I've always been a little in awe of people who can make these cards. The detail is amazing and the fiddly work is far beyond me... This one is just so fresh and I have to tell you it still cheers me up!

This is a handmade card made by my youngest daughter many years ago now... I just love it... The sun is a pipecleaner, the pink cloud is fake fur and I especially love the row of fairy stones for the water. The flock of butterflies is a special texta (not sure what they are called in the US).
This is the inside...
My card making skills leave a lot to be desired. I found these in a box recently when I was looking for a card to make a little box. This was a tri-fold card with a cut-out. I used vleisofix to adhere fabric to the card and then glued a gold metal star on. The words were from a sticker pack. The inside is blank.

This one is plain card folded in half. I put vleisofix on the back of a piece of fabric then cut around the shape and then ironed it to the card. It's been in the box for years and it hasn't lifted from the card. I really must use these up... they were made years ago when doing craft stuff with the girls... sadly they are not interested in any craft at the moment...


Cheers - Shari

11 comments:

Barb said...

Love your cards

Stephanie said...

Lovely card to put a smile on your face. I especially love the handmade cards and letters from my children.

Sheri Howard said...

I know what you mean about card making skills....it is not my best skill, so I am glad there are others who do!

Maree said...

What a Beautiful Card from a Patient...and Lovingly made.
What a Kind Thought...

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh the card you received is so beautiful, of course I adore your daughter's card and hey, you did a very good job!!

Mildred said...

I love the cards you have shared with us. The daisy one from the patient must have been so tedious to make! The older I get, the more trouble I have doing such intricate things!!!

Allie said...

What lovely cards! The ones from my children are the only ones I've kept. Well, I have some that friends have made - but the store-bought ones are gone. Me, I'd rather work with fabric!

Lurline said...

The card must have made you feel very special - which you are!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Cinlyn said...

What a nice gesture by the patient...sweet card!
The card from your daughter...too cute!! And your cards are nice. I too have a collection of handmade cards that just sit in a box...when I need one, what I have made just never seems to fit the occasion.

Rumi said...

I, like you, are in awe of cardmakers--and scrapbookers too! Lovely. I love the card from your daughter. I cherish those little things from my children.

nima said...

wow....cute cards

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World