Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wonderland Garden - I Won!


Jacquie at Tallgrass Prairie Studio made this gorgeous quilt and donated it to her Mum's (a.k.a. Mom) church for a fundraising raffle. I bought some tickets and amazingly I won! In a few short weeks this wonderful quilt will land on my doorstep! How exciting is that! Can hardly wait...
Jacquie's Mum did the redwork blocks and Jackie of Canton Village Quilt Works quilted it. This is such a vibrant quilt and I can't wait to touch it! Whoo Hoo!
Thanks so much Jacquie! I hope your Mum's church can do great things with the money raised!
Also - be sure and visit Jacquie and congratulate her on her first quilt exhibition. Hopefully we will see some photos soon! Congratulations Jacquie! I love your work!
Perth is experiencing wild wet and windy weather - quite exciting and cold.... will take the number 3 daughter to the doctor today as her cold is lingering longer than necessary... hope to get a little sewing done - going to ignore the housework - LOL
Cheers!
Shari
PS I took the photos off Jacquie's blog - you really must visit her!

22 comments:

Purple and Paisley said...

congratulations! i was thrilled when i read jacquie's blog this morning and saw that you won! it sounds like you very much deserved it! yayy for you!

Lisa said...

Hurray for you! I was happy when I saw that you had won the quilt! It is just so pretty!

Julia said...

Wow...congratulations Shari!
I'm so happy for you, it looks lovely..I love red work!
Hugs Julia ♥

Kim said...

I'd say you were extra lucky to win that beautiful quilt! Congrats! I'm sure you'll love it even more when you receive it in the mail!

Allie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I am so happy for you, hon!

Robyn said...

Congratulations to you Shari,
What a beautiful quilt!! Enjoy :D

jacquie said...

it was soo meant to be. i will say it was fun to have it again if just for a little while. i can't wait to see it in its new home.

Mel said...

You lucky ducky! Beautiful quilt!

Lurline said...

Congratulations, Shari - what a wonderful win - Iknow you will enjoy!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Chookyblue...... said...

wow I always go to Jacqui's blog and it is great.......so nice to have something she and her Mum have made ........

Christine said...

congratulatione to you and enjoy when you receive this lovely quilt.

Christine

Sheri Howard said...

Oh my heck that is cute...done in my two second favorite colors....good for you!!!!

Dawn Heese said...

OOh! How exciting. It is gorgeous.

Maree said...

Congratulations it's Beautiful...
cheers

Helen said...

OMG! You won!!!!!! How exciting! Congratulations! I saw it on Jacquie's blog, a well deserved win Shari!

Janet said...

Congratulations! It's a lovely quilt.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Shari it is so beautiful. Good for you. I love it. How special that one of our friends got the quilt! What a treasure.

Eileen said...

I am SO glad you won! Yay!!!!!!

And isn't Facebook fun??? :-D Please don't give it up!

belinda said...

...clapping...clapping...I'm sooo
glad is was you...someone we know.....you lucky dog you!!!

summersadie said...

I'm trying to get around and 'meet' everyone in my halloween group. Hi! What a gorgeous quilt!!! Congrats!

Barb said...

That is beautiful..lucky you...just so you know, sometimes I am not able to comment, my computer freezes but I do come by and read your blog....

julieQ said...

Wow! What a wonderful win, I am so happy for you.

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World