Friday, May 1, 2009

Pillow Cases and Painting

I made these pillow cases at the retreat I attended recently. They were quite easy to make and I had to ask myself why I didn't make them sooner...


They are now on their way to Jackie for donation to the Hole in the Wall Gang. These pillow cases are given to sick children through the Hole in the Wall Gang Camps, and Jackie blogged about it here. I'm a little late in getting them to her, but I'm sure they will still be put to good use.

In other news I got home from work this afternoon to find my husband had painted the base coat of the other walls in our bedroom. Just might have it finished this weekend!! Wow. And then he will do the skirting boards. We called them washboards when I was growing up - but he assures me skirting is the correct term. Anyway, this is what the base coat looks like - we always panic a little when we see this, but it will be ok! We roll another coat and then after that the brushing is done with the large specialty brush.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Cheers - Shari

8 comments:

Barb said...

I will have to check out that site....I just started making pillowcases, so much fun and you can get it done in minutes. You are going to have a new look in your bedroom.

Eileen said...

I love the smell of fresh paint. And we always called them baseboards. Who knew?
The pillowcases are great! They will be very much appreciated.. such a good cause!

Sew Many Ways... said...

Love the cute pillow cases and for such a great cause. Can't wait to see your finished room. Is skirting like wains coating in the US...strips of wood about 36" up from the floor?
~Karen~

Stephanie said...

I'm sure the pillowcases will be appreciated no matter when they're received! I haven't tried Jackie's pattern yet but shall. It's on the "to do" list.

Jackie said...

Hi Shari, Thank you so much!! They will be greatly appreciated by the kids. It is never too late, at least that is what I say.... They are super cute too! Nice to see that hubby is continuing in his decorative mode.

Purple and Paisley said...

mom made some pillowcases for jackie, too...such a wonderful cause...yours turned out great and will be so appreciated! ☺

Sheri Howard said...

That is funny, my family called them wash boards...probably because our grandmothers had to "wash them on their hands and knees." We now call them base boards...your husband is probaly right, and skirting sounds much more refined!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I love the pillowcases, so bright and fun, they will make some child very happy!! Way to go hubby!!

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World