Monday, May 4, 2009

Mugz on Monday and Painting







Are you totally bored by mugz yet? Yes! Me too. Too bad. This little beauty was decorated by my youngest daughter while she was at youth group at church. She's embarrassed by it now of course, but I liked her creativity and flair so will hang on to it. Experience tells me that she will become nostalgic for these things of childhood as she leaves her teenage years in a few years...


In other news the painting is finished in the bedroom. Trying to get a picture of the texture of the paint is really hard, but will throw in a photo anyway. We really like it. It makes the room seem bigger. Mr Fixit is now working on the skirting/baseboard/mopboard. He paints it before installation then just touches up after. Now that the curtains are up and the walls painted, I can start on the quilt for the bed...





Skirting ready to paint outside...

3 comments:

SueR said...

Is there a story that goes with the mugz? A serious coffee drinker never gets tired of mugz. I am presently enjoying the lime green mug from my Shop Hop! The walls and curtains in your room look pretty nice in the photo! It'll be fun to see what you do for a quilt.

Mel said...

NO!! I'm not getting tired of your Monday Mugz!! Infact I keep meaning to post the very, very few I have on Mondays as well.

How fun to have a room make over, and to be able to make a new quilt for it!

Sheri Howard said...

I hope you have a pretty quilt to put on your bed in your new bedroom!!! Can't wait to see it!

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World