Thursday, April 16, 2009

Weekend Retreat

Edit: [Photo] The Swan Valley is a wine producing region but some of the grapes are grown for the table. I got these the day they were picked - big, sweet, juicy... yummmm-y!

I'm off to the Swanleigh Residential College in the beautiful Swan Valley for a Thursday to Sunday Retreat. Not sure of the numbers but I think about 60. Most bring their sewing machines. It is so much fun and I always joke that it looks like a sweat shop - and it does and they must really be slave drivers as they work from dawn until the wee hours. Although they do provide really yummy food! (and no washing up...)


Have a really good weekend and I'll catch up with everyone when I return. Thanks for all your encouragement about my planned projects!


Cheers


Shari

5 comments:

Terri S said...

Hope you have a great time!! I'm off to a retreat of a different kind this weekend too!!

Swan Valley is the name of a community in a nearby township where my parents lived for 30 years, and where my youngest brother and sister went to Swan Valley High School.

It really is a small world, isn't it?

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Have a wonderful time! and take pictures too!!

nannergirl said...

Have a great time Shari. I can't wait to see what you make :)

Simone de Klerk said...

This sounds like fun! I hope you had a great time (O: Welcome back.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I hope you had lots of fun! I was away for the weekend too. It is nice to get away and be with friends.

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World