Monday, April 27, 2009

Mr Fixit Paints


So I got home from the Retreat last Sunday and what to my surprise do I find? My darling Mr Fixit painting and just finishing off one wall in our bedroom. We'd been tossing around the idea and paint colours for a little while now. So this is Dulux Suede Effects in Fossil Beige. We really like it and have decided to do the other walls the same. It will make our room a little more cosy. We get plenty of natural light so it won't be too dark...


I should go away more often... there's one or two things that need doing...

Cheers!

Shari

Edit: We've had white walls for so long, and we want warm and cozy. The bedroom faces north for winter sun (opposite to the Northern hemisphere where south is the winter sun) so we do get lots of light in the room. And to top it off, the curtains are opened and closed electrically. Yes, Mr Fixit installed a motor on the curtain track. It's hilarious. At the moment we have to touch a button on the wall, but it won't be long before he decides he wants it remote controlled so he doesn't have to get out of bed. Next thing you know it will be on a timer...

5 comments:

Jackie said...

So how did you get Mr. Fixit to actually paint for you?? I seem to have a problem with that, maybe I ought to go on a retreat?

Simone de Klerk said...

Lucky you to have a Mr. Fixit! I love the color. When is your next retreat for the other walls?

Rumi said...

We've been trying to decide what to paint our bedroom for a few years now. Hubby's ready and willing, I just can't make up my mind!

em's scrapbag said...

The color is great. You are so luck to have a Mr. Fixit. My hubby is good at many things but fixing things is not on the list.

Eileen said...

I see a lot of home that are painting the walls darker.. so I think it must be the trend. Very cozy.
It is the opposite here. When Mr Attic goes away.. that's when painting and things get done. :-)

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World