Monday, March 23, 2009

Sculpture by the Sea



On Friday my husband and I took off after work to travel through the City in peak hour to reach Cottesloe Beach to view Sculpture by the Sea. This is an amazing art display by local, national and international artists. It was a bit stormy but as the exhibition finishes on Tuesday, it was our last opportunity to have a look. It was great getting my beach fix too! I love a stormy ocean - better than any other time. So here are just a few of the fabulous sculptures along with a bit of scenery...






8 comments:

Rumi said...

What fun! I grew up about 3 miles from the beach so would often go there. I so miss living by the sea!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Oh wow, this is wonderful. There are times I detest living in a landlocked area. I miss the ocean being 2 hours away. Sigh. We do have the mountains but nothing beats the beach.

Jackie said...

Love it! My favorite is the Scrabble sculpture! I just love the beach, what a most perfect setting.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh what a fun time love the beach, in Illinois we have corn fields after corn fields, in you last picture what is that in the ocean?

Lisa said...

Oh, I'm with Jackie- I like the Scrabble one best, but all of the sculptures are cool!

And, like Jane, I was wondering what is that thing in the water? I tried to click on the picture but it didn't open bigger.

This is the coolest event! I love when cities put things like this on. (Or whoever does it if it isn't the city.)

em's scrapbag said...

What a fun day. I love the beach. We will be heading for California in a few weeks. We plan to spend a few days at the beach. Pop on over to my blog. I have a surprise for you.

Messy Karen said...

gorgeous view. and any reason to take a walk on the beach is a good one.

Shari said...

The sphere is one of the sculptures. The exhibition is part of the Festival of Perth. Perth has some of the best beaches anywhere!

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World