I don't want to be tagged but I'm happy to try to find 8 random things about myself to tell you.
- I was born in Key West Florida in the Dee Poo Hospital (I kid you not - that's the name and it no longer exists).
- I won my sixth grade spelling bee with the word 'poison'.
- When I was a kid I sometimes deliberately hyperventilated then held my breath to make myself pass out. It seemed to be a mini-craze in my peer group.
- I accepted the Lord Jesus when I was 12 and was baptised in a Baptist church. I now attend a reformed Presbyterian church.
- I joined the US Army when I was 17. I married at 19 to another soldier. Two years later I became pregnant and he shot through so I had to leave the Army to have my baby (my beautiful Jessica). I married Max (Mr Fixit) when Jessica was 2 1/2 and he's always been a wonderful father to her as well as to our other two daughters.
- My primary job in the Army was Medical Laboratory Specialist and I worked in a MASH unit as well as a NATO hospital in Belgium (Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe - SHAPE). This is the same military base as featured in the movie "Private Benjamin" with Goldie Hawn. I was there after the movie.
- I learned that it is better to be kind than to be right.
- I love reading romance novels as well as spy novels and detective stories and science fiction and fantasy and the occasional biography and of course the dictionary (Oxford English of course).
Is that 8 yet? Yes.