Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Sub Tropical Drawback



Yes, the weather here in Perth is lovely and it seldom gets incredibly cold (relatively speaking of course) but the drawback is the amazingly large, creepy bugs we get. Don't even know what this one is. This is about the fourth one in 12 years (thankfully). Normally we spray the bug then set the can on top for a while until the bug stops moving (after all the screaming and running by us of course - not the bug). With this one the can actually started to tip as it fought the poison (more screaming) and we had to weight the can. This is the bug the next day (thankfully dead). I won't even mention the flying cockroaches that are this size...

Not so cheerfully :>)

Shari

11 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I do not think I should read your blog before bed!!!eeww

Barb said...

I could have done without that!!! Here in American Samoa there are alot of creatures like that....what will I do when my last son leaves in Feb...he is my bug killer????

Jackie said...

Oh my, I cannot say that I have ever seen any bug like that before. I'm not sure that I want to either. As my daughter would say... "EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW"!!!!

Lisa said...

That thing is hideous! Yuk. You guys down under have a lot of creepy crawlies, don't you? I wouldn't be able to handle that.

Kim said...

I'm pretty sure I'd be hopping around and squealing if I had a bug like that in my house. Creepy!!

Stephanie said...

Well I lived in Japan and Hawaii and oh the cockroaches love island countries! And they're BIG too. We refer to them as B-52s, after the aircraft. That's one nasty looking bug or is it a small animal?

Simone de Klerk said...

This looks scary!

Elaine Adair said...

Arghhhh!

There are advantages to living in my own dry climate - too dry for many insects! (that I know of ...)

He's large enough you could harness him and put him to work!

Tudy said...

You can keep the bugs down there. It is mighty cold up here right now but if warm weather gives you bugs that big I will take my winter freeze any time. At least most of our bugs die during the winter. YUCK!

Mel said...

Ewwww!

Christine said...

Shari I think it's only a cricket, doesn't do any harm, makes a kind of chirping noice.

cheers
Christine

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World