Monday, December 22, 2008

Perth River Cruise



No sewing yesterday. Had church in the morning. Shopping in the afternoon and then at night we went on a lovely river cruise on Perth's beautiful Swan River. It was for my husband's work Christmas Party. We started at 6pm and the river was smooth and calm. We had a simple two-course meal over a couple of hours as we cruised up-river. We were shadowed by a couple of dolphins - it looked like a mother and an older baby. We headed back toward the city as dusk fell and the city was a blaze of lights.




After the meal there was music and dancing and chatting and it was so much fun. No dancing for me yet but my husband enjoyed doing the Hucklebuck with a couple of workmates. (The Hucklebuck is a traditional Australian bush dance.) Then as we returned to the pier we were treated to a display of fireworks! We congratulated the boss on organising that (lol) but as it happened our return coincided with the City of Perth's Carols by Candlelight which was being held on the foreshore. All in all a brilliant evening... hope yours was just as nice.



Merry Christmas!

Shari

PS I didn't have my camera last night and these photos are representative of what we experienced. I pulled them off Google Images.



8 comments:

Mildred said...

What a fun evening for you. I can just imagine how pretty the lights were on the water. Sounds very relaxing just before the hustle of the holidays.

Julia said...

Looks like a great evening Shari..
I was going to write,, I want a camera like that...great pics!
Hugs Julia ♥

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

What a wonderful time you must of had! I love to read your blog! Happy Holidays!

Lurline's Place said...

Wow, you tricked me - you have written about your camera before and I thought 'goodness, it must be magic!' So happy you had a grat night!
Hugs - Lurline!
PS - see my blurb about PIF in today's post and it's all thanks to you!

Lisa said...

Oh, what a wonderful, relaxing night you had! Your seasons are opposite the States, right? It's so cold where I am- I have 9.5 degrees on the digital thermometer... brrrr! People are out on our local rivers and the Great Lakes, but that's because they are WALKING on them! (Ice fishing.) I am sort of jealous of you now! :-)

Eileen said...

I think it would be so neat to visit you during this time of year.. i have never been anywhere warm for Christmas. Imagine fireworks! We have those on the
4th of July. :-) But they really are perfect for Christmas too.. after all.. it is a celebration!
Merry Christmas Shari.

mmama said...

Beautifull ! Merry Chrismas .

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Beautiful and fabulous!

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World