Monday, December 29, 2008

Caravan


This is the caravan we've borrowed off friends to take to Albany. My Mr Fixit is fixing all the bits and pieces that need fixing while it is my task to clean out the cupboards and then re-pack with our own things. We usually take a tent but I'm not up to that much heavy lifting this year, and our friends went to Tasmania (they usually camp with us at this time of year). There is another couple coming and as it happens numerous friends will be in the area as well so we will be visiting other campsites etc. Hopefully I'll actually get some lazy time as well as it sounds like my darling husband has a busy social schedule lined up for us. We are going from Sat 3rd to Sat 10th. Not sure if we will have internet access so may be off-line for a while. It will probably help to wean me off as I go back to work on the 14th (already!) and will have to stick to a schedule for computer time.
I've been sewing my 6 inch squares so will show you later or tomorrow how it's turned out.
Today is hot.
Cheers
Shari

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, how fun! A couple of years ago we bought an oldish smaller camper, but so far we have only stayed in it IN OUR DRIVEWAY! LOL! But the kids had fun. It is much, much better than a tent IMO.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh, it sounds like such fun, especially since we are right in Winter, I just love hot, have fun and stay safe!

Messy Karen said...

it looks like alot of fun. it's so cool to go away without the usual conveniences.

Lurline's Place said...

Looks nice and comfy - I'm sure the weather will be good to you. Hope your laptop works - you have to make the most of blogging before you go back to work!
Hugs - Lurline!

Julia said...

Looks like fun Shari..
have a great time..look forward to catching up in the new year.
Hugs Julia ♥

Mel said...

I'm so jealous that you get to go enjoy the outdoors! I would love to, but would freeze my sewing fingers off! Have fun!!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Hard to believe there is camping weather in the world at this time!

belinda said...

Ooooouuuu...I love camping out...grew up on it. It will sure make you appreciate...running water, indoor toilets, nice comfy bed, your refrigerator, your microwave....well, you get the picture!

Maree said...

Have a Great Holiday ..travel Safe....happy New Year...
cheers

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World