Saturday, November 1, 2008

Outside Task

Here it is Saturday again and we are top-dressing the back lawn. We were able to get the sand from a neighbour who put in a new pool. Max (DH) had to bring it across the street by the wheelbarrow load. All of the neighbours have been able to top-dress their lawns. We should have the best block in the neighbourhood come summer! I spread the first half on Tuesday but didn't put my gloves on and ended up with a blister. Today I will wear gloves!


I've gotten my border sorted out. I decided to do a braid with a "post" going down the middle. This probably has a proper name but I don't know what it is. I haven't done a braid before and I know I have the directions in a magazine somewhere but I didn't take the time to look. So it's been a little hit and miss but I've got it now. I really like the aquatic colours - perfect for a cooling effect in our hot summers. It should build pretty quickly now once I get started again - probably tomorrow as we are going out for tea at a friends' place.

In a side note - the Red Bull Air Race is being held in Perth as we speak. If you get the chance to see it on tv or the internet, you will see our beautiful city show-cased to the world.

Cheers

Shari

1 comment:

Sue R said...

Hi Shari, welcome to blogger! I found your blog from Lurline. I hunted back through your blog to find the Disappearing Nine Patch--a very different coloration from most of the ones I've seen, and your border will be perfect!

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World