Monday, November 24, 2008

Christmas Tree - Before

I know it's early but I need to get my tree up before my operation on Wednesday. After my hysterectomy I'm not allowed to lift anything heavier than my fork (ha ha). Seriously, I am going to be very diligent in following my recovery instructions.

So here is the before shot of my tree. Hopefully tomorrow I will have an after shot that is fabulous (or at least acceptable).

Also, I have finally figured out how to get your comments emailed to me so I have a good chance to reply to everyone. Apologies to anyone I haven't replied to. I honestly am so glad you stopped by and I'm still amazed that anyone finds me the least bit interesting.

You may have noticed the Black/White/Red quilt in my sidebar. I am participating in a year-long challenge to make a black and white quilt and adding only one other colour (of my choice). Many thanks to Jackie for thinking of such a great challenge. She is still taking participants if you are interested. Just click on the picture to go to the dedicated blogspot.
Well, I have a tree to decorate and a couple of things to finish so I can mail them tomorrow. To all my U.S. visitors I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving on Thursday! Have a bite of turkey and pumpkin pie for me!

Cheers

Shari

4 comments:

nannergirl said...

Can't wait to see the finished tree. And thanks for the black and white challenge link :)

em's scrapbag said...

Looking forward to the after photo of the tree. Good luck with the operation and best wishes on a speedy recovery. I'm still thinking about the black and white challenge.

Lurline's Place said...

Yes, get in and decorate your tree, Girlfriend! It will make you happy while you are recuperating!
Hugs - Lurline!
PS - wow, you sure have a Blog going!

Mildred said...

You have a lovely blog. Hope your surgery goes well and that you enjoy the upcoming holidays.

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World