Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Home Day!!

Tuesday is normally my day off but I seldom actually get a day at home, but today is the day!! I am going to continue to work on my sewing room and I am going to actually turn my machine on and sew!! I have several quilt tops that are "almost" finished - only need to add the final border. Now borders aren't that hard, but actually putting them on means sandwiching and quilting, and those are my least favourite quilting tasks. I have yet to learn how to hand quilt, and I have a top made specifically for learning, and I do want to learn, but ... other things seem to always come first. So when my eyes popped open at 5:10am, I thought I should do a border day!! I think that listing my goals and putting them out into the ether helps to keep me focused and working, and I am quite good at procrastinating.

I've been debating if I should show you the state of my sewing room. I took some photos yesterday before I started tidying and putting things away. I am going to show you two sets of photos. The first is the bedroom that the bulk of my fabric etc is now in. This is the one I'm working on putting in order.



As you can see, I have my work cut out for me. I made good progress yesterday - I can actually reach the bed now. I will bring my sewing machine out to the kitchen table for today, and I can actually find everything so hopefully will be able to show you my progress either tonight or tomorrow after work.

The second set is my old sewing room (closet) that is now Hannah's study room, but with mostly my stuff in it as well.


While this room still needs some work, it's not urgent. My Hannah loves being in there with her ipod and I suspect once we get the internet connection cable through the wall she will like it even more. Hannah is the one most likely to take up quilting one day. She appreciates the colourplay and texture of fabric. She's had a go at sewing up nine patches about 5 years ago on my old Pfaff but lost interest and she has too much energy now to sit and sew. She'd rather be kicking a footy ball around.

I thought I'd show you another small quilt. This one measures 8 3/4 inches square and was completed while on holiday in October 2002. The pattern came from a quilting magazine, but I can't remember which one and I didn't put it on the label.
Cheers
Shari

3 comments:

Lurline's Place said...

Seeing someone elses mess makes me feel good - oh, I hate tidying up - mine has just been done recently, so now it's a matter of keeping it that way - have fun!
Hugs - Lurline.

Julia said...

Shari, that does not look like your place!...you are always so neat and tidy..I'm glad I'm not the only one with a messy sewing room right now..
Hugs Julia

Chookyblue...... said...

welcome to blogland.....love the chooks.......

Maukie - the virtual cat

Mumsyblossom's World